Monday, September 17, 2012
Over dinner with my sister last night I learned about several Big Things in pop culture, the most significant of which is the existence of Kate Upton. Up until that moment I had no idea who she was. Boy have I been missing out! "Here, watch this clip of her doing the Dougie," my sister said, shoving her phone at me. "Uh, the what," I asked. So then I learned about Kate and this Dougie business, and immediately -- and I think this is probably a normal response when you find out about dance moves sweeping the nation -- I leapt up to figure out how I would do The Dougie. "Bit different from the Cat Daddy," my sister observed, not knowing that she would again stop me in my tracks with all the pop culture knowledge she was dropping. Predictably I turned to You Tube again and pulled up a video of Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy. As I watched it I kept thinking she looked like she was trying to get an imaginary wheelchair to go faster but wondering why it wasn't, given that she dressed as aerodynamically as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment